Thank you for the inquiry. These are the main specs differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 lidar sensor:
- The maximum resolution of Gen 2 sensors is now 128 channels, whilst the maximum resolution of Gen 1 sensors was up to 64 channels.
- The vertical field of view of Gen 2 sensors is 45 degrees, in comparison to 33,2 degrees of Gen 1 sensor.
- Also, the precision of Gen 2 sensor is up to 1 cm, whilst the precision of Gen 1 sensor was 3 cm.
Furthermore, all Gen 2 lidar sensors come with additional features:
- Configurable azimuth window
- Low-power standby operating mode
- Motor phase lock
- Lock start
Hope it helps!